Master's in Communication (MA)
The communication MA program offers areas of specialization that reflect the expertise of our faculty. We work within sociocultural and sociotechnical perspectives to help our students gain knowledge in key areas in the field of communication: social media, strategic communication, intercultural communication, emerging information and communication technologies, journalism, and communication policy and planning.
Applying for Graduate Study
Prospective communication MA students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with our faculty. We welcome applications from individuals whose academic interests match our expertise.
- The application deadline for Fall admission is January 15 (Fall admissions only).
1) Complete Online Graduate Application
Prospective MA students must complete the online application as provided by Graduate Division. All questions concerning the application and associated requirements should be directed to Graduate Division. There is an application fee. GRE exam results are not required.
2) Upload Supplemental Documents
Applicants must submit the following documents, if applicable, through the Graduate Application Supplemental Documents Upload Website:
- Statement of Objectives: 1-2 pages describing your academic objectives, and how our program will help you meet these objectives.
- Three letters of recommendation: Persons familiar with your academic accomplishments, like former professors, are preferred.
- English Proficiency Exams:
- TOEFL scores: For students from non-English-speaking countries the minimum scores are 600/100 (paper/Internet).
- IELTS scores: Minimum score is 6.00 for the overall band test results.